ABOUT OUR CAMP
Since 1972 we have provided memorable summers for over 15,000 camp aged children, from every corner of Brooklyn. Over the years, we have developed a unique program built on the belief that for any experience to have meaningful outcomes, it must be conducted in a meaningful way. Educational and developmental studies tell us that being outside, experiencing nature, is beneficial to our children in ways that simply cannot be duplicated in an indoor, static, or confined environment. At Young People’s we provide the parent an opportunity to use the outdoors as your child's classroom, and what better place to do that than Brooklyn! Our 44 years of know how allows us to create the structure and safety that each parent craves, while still allowing the children to experience all the benefits of, discovery, imagination, independence and wonder, that they will need to become citizens of the world. With the help of our fully-licensed staff of educators and administrators and with a slightly more modern approach, we intend to offer your child a camp experience that transcends the generations. We look forward to having you join our Young People’s family!
We have bullet pointed some highlights of our program, that might answer some questions that you have:
- Programs from 2-8 weeks in length.
- Customized programs (3 day weeks, split time periods etc…)
- Tuition is all inclusive. Shirts, tote bags, trips, transportation etc…there are no surprises.
- Door to door transportation. If a child needs to be picked up and dropped off at different locations, that is not a problem.
- Special instructors join us, throughout the Summer, for art, performance, Zumba, anti-bullying, karate, swimming and more.
- An indoor site is always available to us, in the event that it rains, and for occasional instructional programs, talent shows, dance parties and more.
- A full-time FDNY Paramedic is with us all day, every day.
- A Parent Portal where you can see pictures of what the children are doing, access information about schedule changes, or just find general information about the camp.
- A new, modernized communication system that, when needed, can send a text alert, email, or both (your choice) informing you about rainy day schedule changes or slight bus delays.
*If you would like additional information please call us @ 1-800-Day-Camp .