ABOUT OUR CAMP
Young People’s Day Camps of Brooklyn has been owned and operated by my family for 45 years. My sisters and I attended the camp, were counselors at the camp and now, with my Father’s retirement, I am running the camp, and my children will be attending this Summer! Since 1972 we have provided memorable summers for over 15,000 camp aged children, from every corner of Brooklyn. Over the years, we have developed a unique program built on the belief that for any experience to have meaningful outcomes, it must be conducted in a meaningful way. Educational and developmental studies tell us that being outside, experiencing nature, is beneficial to our children in ways that simply cannot be duplicated in an indoor, static, or confined environment. At Young People’s we provide the parent an opportunity to use the outdoors as your child's classroom, and what better place to do that than Brooklyn! Our 44 years of know how allows us to create the structure and safety that each parent craves, while still allowing the children to experience all the benefits of, discovery, imagination, independence and wonder, that they will need to become citizens of the world. With the help of our fully-licensed staff of educators and administrators and with a slightly more modern approach (sorry dad), we intend to offer your child a camp experience that transcends the generations. We look forward to having you join our Young People’s family!
Executive Director / Owner
We have bullet pointed some highlights of our program, that might answer some questions that you have:
- Programs from 2-8 weeks in length.
- Customized programs (3 day weeks, split time periods etc…)
- Tuition is all inclusive. Shirts, tote bags, trips, transportation etc…there are no surprises.
- Door to door transportation. If a child needs to be picked up and dropped off at different locations, that is not a problem.
- Special instructors join us, throughout the Summer, for art, performance, Zumba, anti-bullying, karate, swimming and more.
- An indoor site is always available to us, in the event that it rains, and for occasional instructional programs, talent shows, dance parties and more.
- A full-time FDNY Paramedic is with us all day, every day.
- A Parent Portal where you can see pictures of what the children are doing, access information about schedule changes, or just find general information about the camp.
- A new, modernized communication system that, when needed, can send a text alert, email, or both (your choice) informing you about rainy day schedule changes or slight bus delays.
*If you would like additional information please call us @ 718.951.YPDC (9732) or email us @email@example.com or go back to our homepage and click on the “pre-enrollment” link to lock in our current discount offers and a spot for your child (no obligation to keep) while you wait to hear back from us.